Mark F. Owens
Graduate Director, Associate Professor, Economics, hired 2006
Ph.D., Ohio State University, 2006
M.A., Ohio State University, 2002
B.S., St. Vincent College, 2001
Primary Field: Experimental Economics and Labor Economics
Office BAS N328B
- Rennhoff, A. D., & Owens, M. F. (2012). Competition and the Strategic Choices of Churches. American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, 4(3), 152-170.
- Owens, M. F. (2012). Responsibility-Alleviation and Other-Regarding Preferences with Peer Workers in Labor Markets: An Experimental Investigation. Journal of Labor Research, 33, 353-369.
- Ford, W. F., Minor, T., & Owens, M. F. (2012). State Minimum Wage Differences: Cost of Living or Political Inclinations? Business Economics, 47 (1), 57-67.
- Owens, M. F., & Baum, C. L. (2012). The Effects of Welfare Vehicle Asset Rules on Vehicle Assets. Applied Economics, 44 (13), 1603-1619.
- Nunley, J. M., Owens, M. F., & Howard, R. S. (2011). The Effects of Information and Competition on Racial Discrimination: Evidence from a Field Experiment. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 80 (3), 670-679.
- Owens, M. F. (2011). Do Other-Regarding Preferences Change with Age? Evidence from a Gift Exchange Experiment. Journal of Socio-Economics, 40(6), 868-878.
- Totty, E. S., & Owens, M. F. (2011). Salary Caps and Competitive Balance in Professional Sports Leagues. Journal for Economic Educators, 11 (2), 46-56.
- Owens, M. F., & Kagel, J. H. (2010). Minimum Wage Restrictions and Employee Effort in Incomplete Labor Markets: An Experimental Investigation. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 73 (3), 317-326.
- Owens, M. F., & Baum, C. L. (2009). The Effects of Federal Housing Assistance on Exiting Welfare and Becoming Employed for Welfare Recipients. Journal of Poverty, 13 (2), 130-151.
- Owens, M. F. (2008). The Search for an Economics Job with a Teaching Focus. Journal for Economic Educators, 8 (2), 7-27.