Assignment 7 (50 Points)
Write a 1-3 page paper, excluding attachments, discussing your strategy for managing and analyzing the data you collect.
1. If you are collecting quantitative data, you will need to discuss the following, if applicable.
- How hard copies of your data collection instruments will be managed and stored?
- How data will be entered, coded, and saved into an electronic
data set, including a discussion of the software and data formats to be
used and where and how the data will be saved and stored? You
will also need to develop or obtain a codebook/data dictionary
describing the data set. A codebook example is provided as a resource if needed.
- If and how will the data will be checked and
- What analyses will be perfomed to summarize the data and test your hypotheses. A Guide to Choosing Appropriate Statistical Tests is available to assist you as is a sample assignment.
2. If you are collecting qualitative data, you will need to discuss the following, if applicable.
- How you plan manage and organize your data including where and
how the data will be stored, whether the data will be rewritten and/or
entered into electronic document processing software, and if and how
electronic recordings will be transcribed.
- The mechanics of coding and analysis and whether textual analysis software or some other process will be used.
- What coding strategies will be employed such as the use of open,
axial coding, and selective coding or some other coding strategy.
- What analysis techniques will be used such as analytic induction,
successive approximation, the constant comparative method, domain
analysis, or ideal type comparisons.
- The expected outcome of the analysis such as in the development
of a typology, theoretical vocabulary, descriptive theoretical
narrative, or other grounded theory.