American Statistics Index. Washington: Congressional
Information Service, 1974- .
- FedStats [online]. Federal
Interagency Council on Statistical Policy. [cited 15 December 1998].
Available from: http://www.fedstats.gov/.
- This site provides a convenient means of accessing Federal statistical
sources by topic [e.g., agriculture, crime, economics, etc.] or by
Gerhan, David R., and Robert V. Well, comps. A Retrospective
Bibliography of American Demographic History from Colonial Times to
1983. Bibliographies and Indexes in American History, no.
10. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood, 1989. 474p.
Historical Statistics of the United States, Colonial Times to
1970. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1975. 1,200p.
- Historical Statistics of the United States: Bicentennial
Edition [CD-ROM Database]. New York: Cambridge University Press,
- Online review for EH.Net by William Hutchinson: http://www.eh.net/bookreviews/library/0048.shtml.
- Huls, Mary Ellen. United States Government Documents on Women,
1800-1990: A Comprehensive Bibliography. 2 vols. Westport, Conn.:
Greenwood Press, 1993.
- Government documents are excellent sources for statistical
This invaluable guide simplifies access to documents about women.
Volume 1 covers numerous social issues, from "Women's Organizations," to
"Violence Against Women." Volume 2 covers labor issues.
Inter-university Consortium for
Political and Social Research
Krikos, Linda A. "Statistical Sources on Women: A Critical Evaluation"
(Bibliographical Essay). Reference Services Review 24, no.1
Sources on the Web. University of Michigan Documents Center, 1996-
[cited 24 March 1998]. Available from:
- This site offers quick and easy access to statistical sources by
Taeuber, Cynthia M. Statistical Handbook on Women in America.
Phoenix, Ariz.: Oryx Press, 1996.
American Women's History: A
Ken Middleton email@example.com
Todd Library, Middle Tennessee State