5 Elements of a Useful Goal
- SPECIFIC: Describes what you want to accomplish with as much
detail as possible.
- MEASURABLE: Describes your goal in terms that can clearly be
- CHALLENGING: Takes energy and discipline to accomplish.
- REALISTIC: A goal you know you are actually capable of obtaining.
- STATED COMPLETION DATE: Goals that break longer term goals into
shorter pieces and clearly specify target completion dates.
Return to Study Skills Help Page
For more tips and practice using these tips , you may want to purchase
Practicing College Learning Strategies 3rd edition by Carolyn Hopper
published by Houghton Mifflin, 2003