IN ORDER TO TAKE GOOD NOTES YOU MUST BE A GOOD LISTENER
We are all guilty of bad listening habits of some sort. From the list below choose the five obstacles that most often get in the way of your listening in class. Explain in detail how you can overcome this obstacle. (Not just, "I won't do it anymore!")
1. Talking instead of listening.
2. Thinking of what you're going to say instead of listening.
3. Mentally arguing with the speaker.
4. Thinking about something else while the speaker is talking.
5. Getting impatient with the speaker.
6. Giving in to a poor environmenttoo noisy, too hot, too hungry!
7. Dividing your attentiongetting homework, writing a letter, staring at someone cute!
8. Not listening activelytaking notes, asking questions, etc.
9. Not being motivated to listen. The subject is boring!!
10. Being distracted by the speaker's mannerisms, voice, or appearance.