Mission and Goals
The Tennessee STEM Education Center (TSEC
) advances the quality of pre-K through graduate and doctoral level Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM
) education across the state of Tennessee, and seeks solutions to the growing shortage of mathematics and science teachers across the nation, as well as, the increasing demands from business, industry and government for a highly qualified STEM workforce.
- Develop and provide quality professional development for mathematics and science teachers.
- Inspire and motivate students to study and learn more mathematics and science.
- Influence State policies related to mathematics, science and technology education.
- Encourage and promote the development of undergraduate and graduate programs of excellence in mathematics and science education.
- Promote and facilitate scholarly research on the teaching and learning of mathematics and science.
- Encourage and facilitate collaboration among business, industry, education, and state policymakers to ensure the future of a skilled workforce.