State Economic Indicators
- Seasonally adjusted nonfarm employment for TN increased 4,500 in April due to gains in education and health services and professional and business services. Over the year, nonfarm employment is up 47,900, but the rate of growth has slowed since Jan.
- TN unemployment rate increased again in April, rising to 8.0% in contrast with a falling unemployment rate for the U.S. [graph]
- State sales tax collections show little change in April compared with the previous month after seasonal adjustments. Collections are 0.8% lower compared with April 2012. [graph]
- Permits issued for single-family home construction in TN declined again in March, falling to 1,100 units. The less volatile trend is also in decline from a peak last Nov. [graph]
- Seasonally adjusted initial claims for TN rose somewhat in March to 5,247 weekly claims from 5,210 in Feb. The less volatile trend continued to fall. Initial claims remain extremely low based on the experience since 1990. [graph]
[ MSA | County | News Headlines ]